lunes, septiembre 22, 2008

Música: Long Haired Country Boy - Daniels Charlie

A pesar de las controvertidas y poco aconsejables opiniones de este cantante, esta canción tiene un aire libertario que me encanta. No sé mucho de country, pero me gusta como suena.


People say I'm no-good,
And crazy as a loon.
I get stoned in the morning,
I get drunk in the afternoon.
Kinda like my old blue tick hound,
I like to lay around in the shade,
An', I ain't got no money,
But I damn sure got it made.

'Cos I ain't askin' nobody for nothin',
If I can't get it on my own.
If you don't like the way I'm livin',
You just leave this long-haired country boy alone.

Preacher man talkin' on the TV,
He's a-puttin' down the rock 'n' roll.
He wants me to send a donation,'Cos he's worried about my soul.
He said: "Jesus walked on the water,"And I know that is true,
But sometimes I think that preacher man,
Would like to do a little walkin', too.

But I ain't askin' nobody for nothin',
If I can't get it on my own.
You don't like the way I'm livin',
You just leave this long-haired country boy alone.

A poor girl wants to marry, And a rich girl wants to flirt.
A rich man goes to college,And a poor man goes to work.
A drunkard wants another drink of wine,And a politician wants a vote.
I don't want much of nothin' at all,But I will take another toke.

'Cos I ain't askin' nobody for nothin',If I can't get it on my own.
If you don't like the way I'm livin',
You just leave this long-haired country boy alone.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Por fin pones una canción decente. Para mí no hay música que evoque más el espíritu de libertad que el country y sus variedades.

Quizá sea por ello que casi todo el mundo relacione esta música con los viajes por carretera (espacios abiertos, libertad...). Prueba a escuchar Take it easy de los Eagles, dan ganas de coger el coche.

Fonseca dijo...

Charlie Daniels es la leche. Y es right wing total.


Fonseca

Blogosphere of the Libertarian Left
Ring Owner: Thomas Knapp Site: Blogosphere of the Libertarian Left
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com